The winter season brings with it a lot of skin problems. The cold weather can make your skin dry, flaky, and chapped. It can also cause many other skin problems like eczema and psoriasis. So, what can you do to protect your skin during winter? The answer lies in following a good skincare routine. This blog post will share with you all the skincare products you should use during winter. This routine will help you keep your skin hydrated and healthy all winter. So, read on to find out more.
What Every Skin Care Routine Needs
Assuming you are referring to a daily skincare routine to follow during the winter months, here are a few tips:
1. Exfoliate your skin regularly
At least once a week, use a gentle scrub or exfoliating device to slough off dead skin cells. This will prevent your skin from looking dull and help your other products penetrate better.
2. Use a hydrating cleanser
Dry skin in winter can be worrisome. Avoid this by choosing a cleanser that won’t strip your skin of its natural oils. Opt for formulas that contain hyaluronic acid or glycerin to help lock in moisture. [wp-shopify-product id=”7470004076795″]
A good rule of thumb is to apply a thicker moisturiser in the morning and a lighter one at night. Consider using a hydrating serum under your cream or lotion if your skin is extra dry. And don’t forget to apply lip balm often to keep your lips hydrated! [wp-shopify-product id=”6906189054149″]
4. Protect your skin from the sun
Even in the winter, it’s essential to wear sunscreen daily (even if it’s cloudy!). Look for a sunscreen between 30 to 50 SPF for the best protection against UVA and UVB rays during winters. It is best to avoid sunscreens that have chemicals like Oxybenzone and Homosalate as they are hormone disruptors that can damage your skin.
You can use Femica Skincare Products to protect and nourish your skin.
Create a Special Skincare Routine
Accept the following steps in your guide for how to take care of your skin in winter:
Cleansing is the first and most crucial step of any skincare routine. It’s essential to cleanse your skin every morning and evening to remove makeup, dirt, pollution, and other impurities that can clog pores and cause breakouts. Choose a gentle cleanser that won’t strip your skin of its natural oils.
Exfoliating is the next step in achieving glowing, healthy skin. Exfoliation helps to remove dead skin cells that can build up on the surface of your skin and cause dullness. Use a gentle exfoliator 1-2 times per week. Be sure not to overdo it, as this can irritate your skin, leaving it dry. [wp-shopify-product id=”7678492410107″]
Moisturising is vital for maintaining hydrated, plump skin during the dry winter and keeping dull skin at arm’s length. Look for a moisturizer that suits your skin type and provides enough hydration without being too heavy or greasy. Apply morning and night after cleansing and exfoliating.
4. Lip care
Don’t forget about your lips! The skin on your lips is thinner and more delicate than the rest of your face, so it needs extra TLC during wintertime. Apply a lip balm or Vaseline regularly to keep lips hydrated and prevent them from cracking or chapping.
[wp-shopify type=”collection” id=”403230490875″ limit=”4″ url-type=”shopify” thumb-size=”default” ]
It Shows in Your Glow When Your Skincare Regimen Works
Like most people, you probably have a daily facial skincare routine that you follow religiously. But how do you know if your skincare routine is working?
- First, take a close look at your skin. If you see any improvement in your skin’s appearance, your skincare routine will likely work. Common signs of healthy skin include reducing wrinkles, firmer skin, and a more even skin tone.
- If you’re not seeing any results after using a particular product for several weeks, it’s time to ditch it and try something new. Don’t get discouraged if it takes a while to find the right products for a daily skincare routine for glowing skin – everyone’s skin is different, and it may take some trial and error before you find the perfect match.
- Finally, remember that healthy skin requires both internal and external care. In addition to using topical products, make sure to eat a healthy diet, drink plenty of water, and get enough sleep. These lifestyle changes will help improve your overall health and give you radiant skin from the inside out!
1. Why is my combination skin getting drier in winter?
With the colder weather and less humidity in the air, it’s no wonder your skin is feeling dry! One way to help combat this is by using a humidifier in your home, adding moisture back into the air and helping keep your skin hydrated.
2. Which ingredients should not be in a winter skincare routine?
You don’t want to use anything with petroleum or other harsh chemicals. You also want to avoid any physical exfoliants (i.e., scrubs with beads) as they can damage your skin.
3. Is SPF important in winter?
In short, yes! Even though the sun might not be as intense during winter, the ultraviolet (UV) rays that cause skin damage are present all year. That’s why it’s essential to wear sunscreen every day, no matter the season.
Explore Femica India to find clean & organic products that suit your needs.