Desserts! Just the sound of the word is enough to conjure up dreamy images of melting chocolate and soft, cloudy pastries. And what’s Valentine’s Day without rich, decadent desserts?
You are probably planning to follow the tradition and treat your loved ones with desserts on this special day. If you are out of ideas for recipes, you need to look no further. Femica is here with a list of Valentine dessert ideas to indulge in.
[wp-shopify type=”collection” id=”407684907259″ limit=”4″ url-type=”shopify” thumb-size=”default” ]
1. Chocolate Makes Everything Better!
What’s better than strawberries? Strawberries dipped in chocolate, of course! This popular Valentine’s day desserts are bite-sized and loved by everyone. The best part is that, even though they look fancy, they are one of the easy Valentine desserts. Time to make your own!
- Wash and dry the strawberries and insert a toothpick or skewer stick into the top of each berry.
- In a double boiler or a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, melt the chocolate chips and oil together, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Holding the strawberries by the toothpick or skewer, dip each berry into the melted chocolate, allowing any excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place the strawberries on a parchment-lined baking sheet and let the chocolate set, for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator or 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Enjoy your delicious valentine’s chocolate-covered strawberries!
Moreover, Valentine’s chocolate-covered strawberries make for great gifts. You can gift them along with one of Femica’s handpicked gift combos for V Day. You can also check out the wide range of Femica beauty products and Femica makeup products to pick a gift that will make your loved one smile.
2. Say it With a Cookie
If you’re looking for Valentine dessert ideas, you can’t go wrong with Valentine’s cookies. In keeping with the spirit of Valentine’s day, make them heart-shaped. As a bonus, you get to be creative with the icing. You can add messages to your significant other on the cookie.
Crispy on the outside, gooey on the inside, what could be better? Let’s dive right into the recipe.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl; add the egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl; beat until just combined.
- Roll the dough into balls and place them onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are light golden brown.
Your Valentine’s cookies are ready!
3. Swoon-Worthy Cupcakes
Valentine’s cupcakes have long been classics. If you’re looking to surprise your partner with your baking skills this V Day, cupcakes should be your go-to. Bonus points if you get the kids to join in!
There’s a whole range of flavours of cupcakes. Here’s the recipe for a timeless vanilla cupcake, which is another easy valentine dessert.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
- Add the milk and butter and mix until just combined.
- Frost the valentine’s cupcakes as desired with sprinkles or additional decorations, if desired.
3. Some Gooey Goodness
No list of Valentine’s Day desserts would be complete without including chocolate lava cakes. Biting into the fluffy cake and feeling decadent chocolate fill your mouth? That is probably what heaven feels like.
We are here to teach you how to make your own bit of heaven at home.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a medium saucepan, melt the chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar, then beat in the eggs one at a time until well combined.
- Stir in the flour and salt until just combined.
- Divide the batter.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are set and the centres are still soft.
4. Chocolate AND Coffee? Yes Ma’am!
Coffee lovers! A mocha cream pie is the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert for you. A mocha pudding-filled pie crust with whipped-cream topping is simply a delight to the senses.
Here’s how to take your partner’s breath away:
- Mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter to make a crust.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie dish.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine the heavy cream and whole milk in a saucepan and heat until steaming.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust and let cool to room temperature.
Now that you are armed with a list of exquisite desserts to try out, go ahead and make this Valentine’s Day a whirlwind of sugar, chocolate and sweetness.
As this day is bound to be special, you would no doubt want to look your best. Well, Femica beauty products and Femica makeup products can help you with that! With their wide range of cruelty-free, vegan products, you’re sure to find something to your liking.
First-time user 💸Grab 50% 💸off on your favourite Femica Makeup products by using promo code FEM50 now! ❣️
[wp-shopify type=”collection” id=”407661412603″ limit=”4″ url-type=”shopify” thumb-size=”default” ]
1. What is a traditional food for Valentine’s Day?
Honey and strawberries are two of the traditional symbols of Valentine’s Day. Make sure to incorporate them in your recipes!
2. What is the best chocolate to use for valentine’s chocolate-covered strawberries?
Bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate is usually preferred, but milk chocolate can work too. It really depends on your tastes.
3. What is the secret to moist cupcakes?
The trick to making your cupcakes moist is making sure that there are air bubbles in your air bubbles. These expand in the oven and create the coveted fluffy and moist cupcakes.