Given the current scenario, everyone’s trying their very best not to fall sick during the pandemic. Well, nothing is completely avoidable but all we can do is try our best to avoid any ailment and give ourselves the mental satisfaction of having done so (and inherently killing some anxiety). Boosting your immune system has never been more important. While you can strengthen your immune system with the help of adding certain supplements to your routine, there are several natural dietary and lifestyle changes that help ensure your body’s fighting fit!
First time user 💸Grab 50% 💸off on your favourite products by using promo code FEM50 now! ❣️
[wp-shopify type=”collection” id=”396902859003″ limit=”4″ url-type=”shopify” thumb-size=”default” ]
Eat The Right Kind Of Foods
There’s a common saying – “You Are What You Eat”. While this may not be true to the absolute T, some part of it still holds valid. Some foods help your body build and strengthen its defences, leading to a tougher immune system. These foods include:
- Citrus Fruits (Vitamin C) – Fruits like oranges, grapefruits, limes, lemons and tangerines contain Vitamin C that is said to increase the production of white blood Cells. This directly helps fight infections.
- Ginger – Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties, helps lower cholesterol and can help reduce chronic pain. It is one of the best natural remedies to soothe a sore throat.
- Kiwi (Vitamin C, Folate, Potassium, Vitamin K) – This nutrient-rich fruit helps your entire body function at its optimum while the Vitamin C in kiwi helps fight infection by boosting the production of your white blood cells.
- Papaya (Vitamin C, Potassium, Folate, Magnesium) – Papaya is great for your body functionality and also helps with digestion and anti-inflammation.
- Red Bell Peppers (Vitamin C, Vitamin A) – Red Bell Peppers contain a surprisingly large amount of Vitamin C (even more than most citrus fruits). As a bonus, they also contain Beta Carotene which is converted by the body into Vitamin A, keeping your eyesight sharp and skin glowing!
- Spinach (Vitamin C, Vitamin A) – Spinach also, like Red Bell Peppers, is full of Vitamin C which boosts your immune system. It also has Beta Carotene which the body converts into Vitamin A. However, this Vitamin A absorption is more efficient if the spinach is not overcooked.
- Broccoli (Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin E) – Broccoli is full of antioxidants, Vitamin A, C and E. It should be lightly cooked in order to retain as many nutrients as possible. The recommended way to eat broccoli is to steam it.
- Yoghurt (Vitamin D) – Yoghurt consists of Vitamin D that helps regulate the functionality of the immune system thereby boosting the body’s ability to fight infections and diseases.
Get Adequate Sleep
It is essential for the body to get enough rest in order for it to function properly and efficiently. If you do not get enough sleep, the body will have to overclock itself which will lead to its defences being lowered. An average adult must ensure to get at least 7 hours of sleep for the body to renew itself and keep its shield up.
Remember To Hydrate
Getting ample fluids into your system is something most of us tend to take for granted. An adult should try to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water in a day. This task, however, sounds easier than it really is. Throughout the day we tend to forget to hydrate ourselves. Remember to start your day with a glass of water to rehydrate your body after a long night’s sleep! Also, try to make it a habit to drink a glass of water every waking hour. You could put water alarms/reminders to make sure that it doesn’t slip your mind.
It is easy to get stressed during our busy routines. Juggling too many things and not getting time for yourself can lead to stress build-up – something you should most definitely avoid. Stress hampers with the body’s ability to function effectively and efficiently. Make sure to leave some time out for yourself when you can reset your mind. Try taking up a hobby such as cooking, singing, painting – literally anything that can help you switch your mind off for a while and just relax.
While it is hard to get out during the Pandemic, it shouldn’t be your excuse to not exercise. A moderate amount of exercise is a must for the body to remain fit. Try following some online exercise routines – it could be in the form of yoga or high-intensity workouts if you enjoy exercising. In case you’re not a big fan of exercising, you could try to learn a new dance form or sign up for online Zumba classes. Or better yet, crank up your music and jump around for a while! As long as you’re moving your body, you’re good to go!
First time user 💸Grab 50% 💸off on your favourite Femica products by using promo code FEM50 now! ❣️
[wp-shopify type=”collection” id=”396043092219″ limit=”4″ url-type=”shopify” thumb-size=”default” ]
You must not ignore your body’s needs. If you really want to boost your immunity naturally, you must make a lifestyle change – it won’t happen overnight. You need to remember to keep your body happy, only then will your body be able to keep you safe!
Explore the Femica Wellbeing products to find products that suit your needs.
Also Read: 7 Simple Tips To Kill That Morning Fatigue