This is that time of the year when all our weekends are jam-packed with functions and festivities. While we are all busy preparing our outfits and looks for all the events, our hairstyling also requires a lot of effort. However, styling our haircare requires us to expose our hair to a lot of heat and chemicals. Whether we want to curl or straighten our hair, every hair styling process involves heat and heat styling.
First time user 💸Grab 30% 💸off on your favourite Femica Haircare Products by using promo code FEM30 now! ❣️
[wp-shopify type=”collection” id=”395994071291″ limit=”4″ url-type=”shopify” thumb-size=”default” ]
Too much exposure to heat along with chemical sprays such as hair setting spray etc. can damage the texture of the haircare and can also lead to breakage and hair loss as these chemicals penetrate into the scalp and hair shaft. Thus, keeping your hair healthy should be one of your top priorities to shine this festive season. Healthy lustrous haircare gives a brighter glow to your look than any kind of hairstyling process.
We have come up with a few simple tips for you to maintain shiny smooth hair all throughout this festive season.
Wash It Right
- Before washing your hair, use oil to condition it. Apply your favourite oil a couple hours before washing it. Coconut and almond oils, for example, deeply nourish, strengthen and condition your hair.
- When washing your hair, use lukewarm or room-temperature water. Hot water dries out the hair by stripping it of its natural oils. Washing your hair with hot water can also make your hair frizzy.
- In gentle, circular strokes, massage a light shampoo or shampoo bar into your scalp. These shampoos assist to eliminate dirt and dust from the scalp as well as properly cleaning your hair without causing damage to the texture of your hair.
- To prevent breakage and make your hair feel smooth and silky, use a natural conditioner. Make sure that you apply the conditioner just around the mid-lengths to the tips and strictly avoid the scalp area. Applying conditioner to the scalp can make your hair look greasy and flat.
- Wrap your damp hair in a microfiber towel or a soft cloth as soon as you get out of the shower. These towels/cloths are effective at absorbing water while being gentle on your hair. Unlike big heavy towels, they don’t break the hair.
- Go easy on your hair and keep the hair wrapped in the cloth for 10–15 minutes. Do not rub your hair in haste to dry it out.
- After you remove the cloth, avoid blow-drying your hair when it is wet as it can lead to hair fall. Instead, let your hair air dry and only once your hair is dry around the scalp area, use a blow drier to completely dry every strand of hair. When you are drying your hair, use the blow drier from a distance and also apply a hair serum to protect your hair from heat damage.
Comb It sleek
- After you apply the conditioner, use a wide-tooth comb to detangle your tresses. This practice also helps to spread the conditioner evenly from the mid to the tips of your hair and makes the drying process more convenient.
- Always start combing your hair from the tips. Brushing your hair from the roots pulls the hair roots and simply pushes the knots away from the origins and towards the ends. Thus, begin detangling a few inches from the tips and work your way up to the roots, detangling as you go.
All the hair care products are available on the Femica website.
So what’s the hold? Get your cart filling!